About the Reviewers

Ms. Lee

I’m the Library Technician at Palmer, and this is my seventh year working at a secondary school. I’ve always loved reading YA, so it’s a bonus I get to be surrounded by what I love every day. I have two cats who like to make appearances in my photos often. I’m currently working on my MLIS! Other than reading, to relax, I like to game during my spare time (Stardew Valley, Overwatch, Borderlands, Diablo series, Sims, any and all zombie games). I write and post my own judgmental reviews on my Goodreads page and blog. You can also find my bookish Instagram account here: https://www.instagram.com/alibtechwrites/

Anna F.

My name is Anna, and I am currently in grade 12. Reading is obviously one of my favourite pastimes, along with rollerblading, swimming, and listening to music. Fantasy is my favourite genre because all of my favourite novels classified as YA fantasy range in plot and underlying tone so vastly. If you want to read about magic, try The Young Elites series. If you want to read action and iconic plot-twists, try Midnight Thief or Four Dead Queens.

Zoe Y.

Hello! My name is Zoë (she/her). I am currently a grade 11 student. I enjoy reading contemporary and random non-fiction books! Besides binge-reading a new book, I love a drinking a good cup of tea. I also love all things kpop, so if you ever meet me sometime, let me know who your favourite artists are!

Mika K.

Hi! My name is Mika, and I am currently in grade 12. I love drawing, photography, listening to music, cats, and reading. I enjoy reading contemporary, coming of age and fictional books!

Natalie H.

Hi! My name is Natalie and I’m currently in grade 12. Some hobbies I have are rock climbing and watching dramas :3 My favourite genres to read are romance and recently dystopian. I don’t read as often as others but when I find a book I enjoy I can’t put it down until it’s finished. I hope to get better with writing as I write reviews.

Lyndsay E.

Hi! My name is Lyndsay and I’m in grade 11. I enjoy thriller and contemporary-romance novels. Aside from reading, I love to write, listen to music, and binge watch K-dramas.

Emily W.

Hello (^▽^)/  My name is Emily and I’m currently in grade 12. Reading is one of the things I really enjoy, and it’s also one habit I would definitely like to pick up again through joining this club. My favourite genres include fantasy, thriller, and occasionally romance. My hobbies change every now and then, but currently, I love: listening to a variety of music, watching animes/dramas/streams, and a couple of games here and there. Lastly, I hope to expand my writing skills over time as I review books (*´∀`*)☆

Jen Y.

Hello! My name is Jen and I am in grade 10. Reading is one of my favourite pastimes, along with studying video editing and listening to music. My favourite genres are contemporary romance and YA fantasy, and I occasionally read science fiction. Some of my favourite books are The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Love & Other Words by Christina Lauren, and Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover. Also, I like writing poetry.

Lilian L.

Salutations! My name is Lilian Latif and I am in grade 10. I love to read and write (clearly) so much that I would love to be a writer someday! I also like to draw and hope to learn how to crochet.

Jenny Y.

Hi there! My name is Jenny, and I’m currently in Grade 9. Some of my favourite pastimes are singing along to my Spotify playlist, falling (happily) into the realm of novels (I love a spicy serial murder mystery with a dash of romance :D), and finding more novels for my ever-growing tbr list. Hmu if you’re fresh out of novels to read!

Renee L.

Hi there! My name is Renee and I am currently in grade 10. I’d say my favourite book genres are romance and mystery. Besides reading, I often listen to kpop 🙂 Anyhow, I believe reading any kinds of books can broaden your horizons and there’s nothing that beats a good read 🙂

Raamiya A.

Hello! I’m Raamiya and I’m in grade 11. I’ve had an affinity with words my whole life, writing and reading novels, flyers hanging on the fridge, short stories, posters on the walls, whatever I set my mind on. I don’t quite hold to specific genres of books, so I simply read whatever piques my interest—although I tend to lean towards books with endings so sad they’ll leave you crying an eighth ocean (outrageous, I know), and I’ve recently been exploring modern classics (see also: buying them but leaving them to die lonely on my shelf about 70% of the time). In general, though, I love books by Adam Silvera, Chloe Gong, V.E. Schwab, Alice Oseman, and Leigh Bardugo. Aside from reading, I also write my own stories, and I also play the violin and piano (I’m fairly awkward, but mention classical music and I’ll never stop talking, mark my words). Feel free to come say hi <3

Kiki F.

Hi guys!!! I’m Kiki and I’m currently in grade 10. I really like reading, and I’m glad to share my opinions with you guys <3 As you can see in my profile picture, I am also a huge addict of Genshin Impact! My favorite characters are Klee and Zhongli! Sadly Klee did no come home 🙁 My favourite type of book are fantasies and mysteries. I hope my reviews can help you find your next favorite book :DD

Romina P.

Hi! My name is Romina and I’m in grade 9! I’m an avid book lover, as well as an all-time bookworm. Although it’s way underrated, my favorite genre is dystopian. A few awesome dystopian books are Wilder Girls and Ender’s Game. Also, I love bubble tea and basically anything that tastes good. On top of that, a few hobbies I intend to pick up again are playing chess and coding JavaScript.

Lara B.

Hi my name is Lara and I am in grade 10. I have always enjoyed reading, and ever since I was little, I would ask for book recommendations from the school librarians. Reading became one of my favourite hobbies when I came to Canada and wanted to get better at English, and it really helped me get rid of my worries when I had a hard time. My favourite type of books are fantasy and romance. I really like well-written and relatable characters with a creative story that keeps me interested. I also enjoy plot twists that foreshadow the ending so that when I look back at the little details, I realize it was right in front of my face the whole time!

Shreya S.

Hi. My name is Shreya and I’m currently in grade 11. My favourite types of books to read are YA, contemporary, and sometimes fantasy/dystopian. Aside from reading I also like photography, listening to music, and black coffee.

Rachel M.

Hi! I’m Rachel, a grade 10 book reviewer at Palmer Secondary School. I looove reading horror novels and murder mysteries and such, and I’m in the library so much that I think the librarians have gotten tired of me. Aside from reading, I also play the flute, alto saxophone, piano, and ukulele (band kid)….. so just a huge nerd overall haha.

Raymond L.

Hi! My name is Raymond and I am a grade 9 student here at Palmer. A few of my hobbies include photography, gaming, listening to music, and reading! I love everything nature, so come chat with me if you’re interested! 🙂

Lianna K.

Hi! My name is Lianna and I am currently in grade 9. My favourite genres are romance, fantasy, and dystopian. Besides reading, I enjoy writing calligraphy, doing math, and playing badminton. 🙂